Problems? Of course!

Sorry for the long gap – we were away on our summer holiday.

Did we move on directly from removing wallpaper to priming? OF COURSE NOT. There was significant damage to the plaster in several places, particularly the hobby room. We discovered an entire fireplace that had been closed off! Just look at that mess…

ugh

So we had to get a plasterer in – which took for.ever.

On the bright side, all was well with the living room and we could proceed to painting it in no time – bright yellow!

This is after one coat:

yellow!

 

It is now a lot brighter, but I don’t have pictures of it yet. We also painted our bedroom and primed the small bedroom, so all in all progress was still made, but we came up against the pitfalls of renovating an old house for the first time.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s